Python app on a Mac

Alan Gauld learn2program at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 06:51:22 EDT 2022

I've just migrated from a Linux PC to a Mac mini running Monterey.

I have a Python GUI(Tkinter) app that I wrote on Linux
and have managed to get working on MacOS except....

When I start the program I get a Terminal window as well
as the GUI. On Windows I'd run it with pythonw and in Linux
I just created a desktop launcher to avoid that. But there
is no pythonw on MacOS nor a simple way I can find to
launch apps from the desktop.

Does anyone know how to launch a Python program from the
desktop without a Terminal window (or at least with an
iconified one!) Does it require Applescript or somesuch?

Alan G.