Exchange OWA using Python?

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Fri Apr 1 01:41:09 EDT 2022

Am 01.04.22 um 01:26 schrieb Grant Edwards:
> On 2022-03-31, Christian Gollwitzer <auriocus at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Davmail is written in Java, not Python, but basically this should
>> not matter if you only use it.
>
> Have you used it with OWA as the protocol?

At least I thought so - this was in 2016 - 2017 and there was external
webmail access allowed to our mail server. I've used davmail to connect
to it. I vaguely remember that there was one day a sudden change,
webmail was disabled and davmail then connected using EWS. Maybe the OWA
protocol also evolved, I now see it on the roadmap.

Good that you found a solution now with owl!

I'm having a similar issue at my current position, we're using Lotus
Notes (yes! The package from the 90s, it's outright horrible). There is
only one thing available, the iNotes exporter, which allows to read the
mail using thunderbird, sending is not implemented. Always keeping
fingers crossed that the IT department does not update the server
protocol. Sometimes they do minor changes like internal redirection URL
changes, which costs me half a day to fix then.

	Christian