Package conflicts trying to install jpegdupes package

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 14:49:17 EDT 2021

On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 4:46 AM <2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE at potatochowder.com> wrote:
> I agree that the standard shouldn't regulate warnings.  I'm also saying
> that sometimes, it's a pain that it doesn't, and that not every warning
> is the package maintainer's fault.  :-)

Agreed. For the most part, a proper colorizing compiler can make the
errors stand out among the spam of warnings, but it's hard when people
copy and paste just the text. There's a skill to skimming compiler
output to find what's relevant (for instance, just before an error,
there might be a related warning, which actually is highlighting the
real problem).

ChrisA