Package conflicts trying to install jpegdupes package

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 13:11:18 EDT 2021

> Those are all warnings. Are there any errors that follow them?

Maybe I just missed the actual errors, but the compiler exit status was 1,
so there must have been. I'll give it another try.

The package doesn't seem to have had a release since 2018, but the
> GitHub repository has had changes as recently as a month ago. You
> might have better luck cloning the repo and building that.

Thanks, good suggestion.

FWIW, I'm trying to whittle down at least 12,000 images to a more
manageable number for the sister of a good friend who recently passed away.
I've got a straightforward dedupe program, but need something which can
compare just the data chunk of JPEGs, ignoring the metadata. This program
apparently does that. Is like to avoid reinventing that wheel.

Skip