Python added to PATH, cannot be directly accessed, cannot install pip

Will willcyr852000 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 10:00:58 EDT 2021

   Hello team at python.org,

   I've asked this question on a forum and tried to figure it out myself, but
   I'm at a dead end. I don't know if you guys answer questions like this but
   I have no where else to turn to.

   I am using a Lenovo Laptop using Windows. I'm trying to install
   get-pip.py, and when I enter "python get-pip.py" into the Command Prompt,
   it says "Python was not found; run without arguments to install from the
   Microsoft Store, or disable this shortcut from Settings > Manage App
   Execution Aliases."

   So for a week, I've been trying to add Python to PATH, so I can install
   get-pip.py to Python.

   I've added the exact file location for Python to Path in both User
   Variables and System Variables. I've executed Manage App Execution
   Aliases, turned off both App Installer python.exe and App Installer
   python3.exe. Still can't install pip, Python was still not found. I've
   tried different keywords ("py get-pip.py", python3 get-pip.py", etc.).
   Still doesn't work.

   Python is added to PATH and I can still run Python scripts, but I can't
   find Python directly through the Command Prompt, and I cannot install
   get-pip.py to Python.

   For reference, I have Python version 3.9.6 and I installed Python directly
   from the site (I did not use Anaconda).

   Can you guys help me with this? Or do I need to delete Python and
   reinstall it?

   Sincerely, Will