Question again

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 20:11:08 EDT 2021

On 16/09/2021 06:50, af kh wrote:
> Hello,
> I was doing some coding on a website called replit

I have no idea what that is but...

> after answering 'no' or 'yes' after the last sentence I wrote,
> the Python window shut off,

That's what you told it to do in the code.
Regardless of which answer the user gives the program
reaches the end and stops.

>  in replit I added one more sentence, but it isn't shown on Python,

I dn;t know what this means.

> #Gives greetings to the user
> import random
> #Ask to pick between numbers 1~10 to see if you will get lucky today: Third question
> number = input("Please pick between numbers 1~10 to see your luck for today: ")
>
> #From number 1~3 and an answer
> if number == "1" or number == "2" or number == "3" :
>   print("You're in greeeeat luck today!")
>
> #From number 4~7 and an answer
> elif number == "4" or number == "5" or number == "6" :
>   print("damn, bad luck is coming your way")

The cde and comment are not consistent.

> #From number 8~10 and an answer
> elif number == "7" or number == "8" or number == "9" or number == "10" :
>   print("I cannot sense any luck today, try again next time")

Same here.

> #Add a statement and question: Fourth question
> print("That will be all for today's chitchat, woohooo! would you like to exit the chat?")
> #User says 'yes'
> reply = input()
>
> #If user says 'yes' reply 'wait hold on! are you really leaving??': Fifth question
> if reply == "yes" :
>   print("Wait hold on! are you really leaving??")
>
> #User answers
> answer = input()
> #If user says 'yes' again, reply 'fine! bye then!'
> if answer == "yes" :
>   print("Fine! bye then!")

Shouldn't those lines be indented as part of the if statement above?

> #Other than that if user says 'no', reply 'just kidding we're done here haha'
> elif answer == "no" :
>   print("just kidding we're done here haha")

But the code always gets to the end, there is nothing
to stop it exiting.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site