ANN: Dogelog Runtime, Prolog to the Moon (2021)

Mostowski Collapse janburse at fastmail.fm
Tue Sep 14 08:56:16 EDT 2021

I am testing a Prolog interpreter written
in Python. So fibonacci number routine is
written in Prolog and I am running the

fibonnaci number routine inside the
Prolog interpreter that is written in
Python. The factor 6x times faster of

GraalVM can be reproduced also for other
Prolog programs running inside the Prolog
interpreter that is written in Python.

I have a benchmark suite, where I get,
the figures are milliseconds:

Test	Standard	GraalVM
Total	 170'996 	 28'523

This means the factor is:

170'996 / 28'523 = 5.9950

The test harness, test cases and individual
results for all test cases are found here:

And we could test GraalVM Python, results are from 14.09.2021,
tested with Dogelog Runtime 0.9.5, Python Version:
https://gist.github.com/jburse/f4e774ebb15cac722238b26b1a620f84#gistcomment-3892587