ANN: Dogelog Runtime, Prolog to the Moon (2021)

Mostowski Collapse janburse at fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 13 08:46:36 EDT 2021

The Standard Python version of Dogelog runtime
is annoyingly slow. So we gave it a try with
andother Python, and it was 6x times faster.

We could test GraalVM. We worked around the missing
match in Python 3.8 by replacing it with if-then-else.
Performance is a little better, we find:

/* Standard Python Version, Warm Run */
?- time(fibo(23,X)).
% Wall 3865 ms, gc 94 ms, 71991 lips
X = 46368.

/* GraalVM Python Version, Warm Warm Run */
?- time(fibo(23,X)).
% Wall 695 ms, gc 14 ms, 400356 lips
X = 46368.

See also:

JDK 1.8 GraalVM Python is 6x faster than Standard Python
https://twitter.com/dogelogch/status/1437395917167112193

JDK 1.8 GraalVM Python is 6x faster than Standard Python
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogelog