ANN: Version 0.5.1 of the Python config module has been released.

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 12 16:18:48 EDT 2021

Many of those 4.8K "users" might be using indirectly via some other dependency - I'm not sure how GitHub calculates "used by", but even if it were a direct dependency, one has no idea if it's actually being used or not. so I tend not to worry about such things. My distlib library has only 2 stars, and is used by pip and therefore by many developers every day, and yet it doesn't merit a "used by" according to GitHub.

I've had a few users contact me about the config library and they're happy with it and they find it useful, and that's good enough for me :-)