The sqlite3 timestamp conversion between unixepoch and localtime can't be done according to the timezone setting on the machine automatically.

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 03:32:36 EDT 2021

On 31/08/2021 22:32, Chris Angelico wrote:

> If we could abolish DST world-wide, life would be far easier. All the
> rest of it would be easy enough to handle.
We tried that in the UK for 2 years back in the '70s and very
quickly reverted to DST when they realized that the number
of fatalities among young children going to school doubled
during those two years.

Without DST the schools opened in the dark so all the kids
had to travel to school in the dark and the number of
traffic accidents while crossing roads jumped.

In fact during WW2 they increased DST to 2 hours (that
was for the farmers!) because it meant that farm labourers
would start work at first light, effectively extending
the working day.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site