Why so fast a web framework?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 15:56:29 EDT 2021

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 6:52 AM Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer
<arj.python at gmail.com> wrote:

> See this:
> https://github.com/walkor/webman
>
> Why similar frameworks do not exist in Python. Is it because
> of lack of lib contributors or due to an inherent difference in Py
> and PHP? Thanks!

It depends entirely on what that benchmark is measuring, and how
tightly that framework was optimized for the benchmark. In real-world
code, performance is seldom dictated by the framework. I can get
100TPS with naive code on a naive database implementation, and
improving that is going to be more about improving the database or the
application rather than the framework.

Of course, tools that can't brag about readability, usability,
maintainability, etc, will naturally brag about their benchmark
results, regardless of how significant - or otherwise - they really
are.

ChrisA