New assignmens ...

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at vub.be
Wed Oct 27 05:19:29 EDT 2021

Op 27/10/2021 om 10:49 schreef Chris Angelico:
> On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 7:46 PM Antoon Pardon <antoon.pardon at vub.be> wrote:
>>> So if you want this added, show a use-case that makes it look way
>>> better than the alternatives (including a generator, a mid-loop break,
>>> etc).
>> Way better according to which criteria? IMO to realy make something like
>> this you would need a one and a half loop. But although at some time there
>> was a strong indication it would get included, the idea was eventually discarted.
>>
>> So I'll argue for incremental better if I see a possibility. A few incremental
>> betters can eventually result in something that is way better than the original.
> According to any criteria you like. Remember, the onus is not on the
> status quo to justify itself; the onus is on someone who wants to make
> a change.

Then don't answer that I can justify it according to any criteria I like.
It will have to be done according to criteria that are important to the
people who like the status quo. That it will be justified according to
criteria I like, will be totally unimportant.

> Demonstrate that a change is needed by showing the benefits.

Nothing is needed. But the walrus operator wasn't needed either. Asking to
show something is needed is putting a burden on who wants to advocate for
this, that isn't put on others.

--
Antoon Pardon.