New assignmens ...

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at vub.be
Wed Oct 27 02:58:38 EDT 2021

Op 26/10/2021 om 00:24 schreef Chris Angelico:
> TBH, I don't think there's a lot of value in multiple-assignment,
> since it has a number of annoying conflicts of syntax and few viable
> use-cases. But if you have great examples of "x.y :=" or "x[y] :=",
> then by all means, post on python-ideas to propose widening the scope.

I think you should seperate the costs from the benefits. It is not because
the costs can be high there is little value.

And how do you count use cases? What about the following pattern:

while (a, b) := next_couple(a,b)[-1]:

Is that one use case or is that a use case for each kind of couple?

And even if the benefits are little per case, they can add up with every
occasion such a case pops up.

--
Antoon Pardon.