New assignmens ...

dn PythonList at DancesWithMice.info
Mon Oct 25 18:17:51 EDT 2021

On 26/10/2021 10.45, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 8:42 AM Avi Gross via Python-list
> <python-list at python.org> wrote:
>> Personally, I don't care what is done and suspect I will rarely feel much
>> need to use the current walrus operator, let alone an enhanced Odobenus
>> rosmarus operator like ::== ...
>>

> ..... wait what?
>
> Ah. Had to look that one up. :)

Each year I assist friends who own one of local orchards, at harvest
time. I usually run the sealing machine, to preserve fruit which will be
 transported refrigerated. It is such a novelty to be asked to fill-out
a time-sheet. Under "name" it asks for "position", so I entered
"Erignathus barbatus" (bearded seal), which caused similar
consternation, and for some days, until someone thought to look it up...

Back on-topic, I am slightly curious:-

aside from 'starting small' with an option to widen/'open-up' later, is
there a particular reason why 'the walrus' has not been made available
(could not be ...?) for use with object-attributes?
--
Regards,
=dn