pyinstaller wrong classified as Windows virus

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Nov 29 02:46:11 EST 2021

anthony.flury <anthony.flury at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On 26/11/2021 07:13, Ulli Horlacher wrote
> >> But consider another possibility that your compiler software is compromised
> > Then https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.10.0/python-3.10.0-amd64.exe
> > is infected. I doubt this.
>
> But you aren't using python3.10 to 'compile' the code to the executable
> that windows complains about: you are using pyinstaller, which if memory
> serves is a 3rd party application.
>
> I assume that you have no problem running the script without pyinstaller ?
>
> so Might pyinstaller be compromised in some way ?

Then is the pip repository compromised. I doubt this, too.
I have installed pyinstaller with: pip intall pyinstaller

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum TIK
Universitaet Stuttgart         E-Mail: horlacher at tik.uni-stuttgart.de
Allmandring 30a                Tel:    ++49-711-68565868
70569 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.tik.uni-stuttgart.de/