CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED Windows only?

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Sat Nov 27 19:27:52 EST 2021

https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.10.0/python-3.10.0-amd64.exe

> On some versions, Python will use Microsoft's provided certificate store.
> One solution may be to fetch Mozilla's root certs from PyPI:
>
> https://pypi.org/project/certifi/

C:\Users\admin>pip install certifi
Collecting certifi
  Downloading certifi-2021.10.8-py2.py3-none-any.whl (149 kB)
Installing collected packages: certifi
Successfully installed certifi-2021.10.8

Great!
Now my program runs without CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum TIK
Universitaet Stuttgart         E-Mail: horlacher at tik.uni-stuttgart.de
Allmandring 30a                Tel:    ++49-711-68565868
70569 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.tik.uni-stuttgart.de/