pyinstaller wrong classified as Windows virus

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Nov 25 07:41:06 EST 2021

Dan Purgert <dan at djph.net> wrote:

> > When I compile my programs with pyinstaller, Windows classifies them as
> > virus and even deletes them!
> > [...]
>
> Have you tried compiling from a different machine? Maybe there's
> something broken on the one that's flagging them.

I have only this Windows installation.

But meanwhile I can compile my program and Windows does not complain any
more about Viruses, though I have not changed anything in my source code!

> Alternatively, maybe run updates?

I have done this before without any success (in respect to the wrong virus
report).

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum TIK
Universitaet Stuttgart         E-Mail: horlacher at tik.uni-stuttgart.de
Allmandring 30a                Tel:    ++49-711-68565868
70569 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.tik.uni-stuttgart.de/