Applying winpdb_reborn

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 30 08:57:33 EDT 2021

On 30/05/2021 00:03, Cameron Simpson wrote:

> I'd imagine debugging is much like it is in C. Wait for the breakpoint
> to trip, then inspect the programme variables.

That's a pretty crude form of debugging (although much better than just
single stepping from the beginning!).

Adding conditional breakpoints that stop only when variables are at
certain values, tracepoints that print out a set of values every time a
line is executed and watchpoints that keep a running display of a set of
variables all allow much faster location of errors.

I don't recall how many of those pdb supports but I'm pretty
sure watch points and conditional breaks are there.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site