Selenium script - stuck - could someone take a look?

Veek M veekm at foo.com
Sat May 29 23:19:33 EDT 2021

On 2021-05-29, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 29 May 2021 09:40:35 -0000 (UTC), Veek M <veekm at foo.com> declaimed
> the following:

ah, yeah - man that took me a while to do (save to local file and use
file:///). It's working now, basically xpath mistake because I've
forgotten stuff.. but the script is almost complete and cleaned up..
Basically forgot that div.xpath('// doesn't use div as the root window -
thing starts the lookup from the very beginning. You got to .//

My "Next Page" is creating problems - asked here as well:
https://www.reddit.com/r/selenium/comments/nnrxuu/
what_is_overlay_backdrop_how_does_it_block_a/

def page_next():
    tmp = driver.find_element_by_xpath('//button[contains(@class,
    " next-next")]')
    tmp = driver.find_element_by_xpath('.//div[@class=
    "next-overlay-backdrop")]')
#    e = WebDriverWait(driver, 200).until(EC.element_to_be_clickable(
#        (By.XPATH, "//button[contains(@class, ' next-next']"))).click()
#    e.click()

    if tmp: tmp.click()
    else: raise SystemExit('no next')

 This is the error I get
 raise exception_class(message, screen, stacktrace)
selenium.common.exceptions.ElementClickInterceptedException: Message:
Element <button class="next-btn next-medium next-btn-normal
next-pagination-item next-next" type="button"> is not clickable at
point (699,649) because another element <div class="next-overlay-backdrop">
obscures it