Applying winpdb_reborn

dn PythonList at DancesWithMice.info
Sat May 29 21:46:04 EDT 2021

On 30/05/2021 11.52, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sun, 30 May 2021, Chris Angelico wrote:

> Please excuse my long-winded description of a FORTRAN IV bug in an lake
> ecosystem energy model I wrote at the University of Illinois in the early
> 1970s. It is an example of what you wrote above.
>
> The program fill two boxes of 80-column Hollerith cards punched on an IBM
> 29 (if I correctly recall the model) keypuch machine. The output was
> written
> on green-barred wide paper on a line printer.

We always referred to it as an "oh-two-nine" ("029"). Quite why the more
pedantic didn't demand it be "zero-two-nine" is anybody's guess.

Herewith some history (aka 'blast from the past') together with an
ironic photo showing an 029 alongside a lab of (DEC) VT-100 terminals -
several generations of input-device apart:
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/computinghistory/029.html

Those were the days...
--
Regards,