Applying winpdb_reborn

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Fri May 28 19:12:30 EDT 2021

On 28May2021 14:49, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>On Fri, 28 May 2021, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
>>	It's apparently looking for some environment variable based upon the
>>code at
>>https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjfpYmk3-zwAhULI6wKHSPjAFIQFnoECAUQAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fphault.rhul.ac.uk%2Fpy%2F_spe%2Fplugins%2Fwinpdb%2Frpdb2.py&usg=AOvVaw12BuzlEMVXrEuOFLoQLpFX
>
>Thanks, Dennis. It looked like an environment variable but I hadn't seen
>that with the python2 winpdb.

I'm concerned by the NameError, not in keeping with the fact that there
does seem to be a global (module level) variable of the right name.

>I'll add that to ~/.bash_profile and see what happens.

The NameError suggests that this won't work. Maybe you're module install
is an old version? Anyway, try it.

There's no need to hack your .profile; you can do things like this at
the command prompt for experiments:

    export RPDBTERM=$TERM

then run the programme. BTW, that is statement looks like it is
explicitly trying to handle lack of the envvar.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>