learning python ...

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon May 24 11:28:02 EDT 2021

On 5/24/21 8:42 AM, Schachner, Joseph wrote:
> OMG that is awful abuse of Python!  You have overloaded two Python
> keywords by making variables of that name.

Nitpick. hw did not overload keywords. Python does not allow keywords to
be overloaded.  Instead hw overwrote type names.  Upon learning that
type names are not keywords and can be overwritten, hw aw asked a
legitimate question: why does Python allow you to do that?  I don't
believe the OP found the answer acceptable, though.