If you have Python Cookbook, 3rd ed.

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Thu May 20 17:42:50 EDT 2021

On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 3:48 PM Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:

> On 5/20/2021 1:14 PM, boB Stepp wrote:
> > On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 11:43 AM Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> >>
> >> can you verify that the Algorithm chapter (near end in 2nd ed.) does
> >> *NOT* have an introduction by Tim Peters?
> >> (Info needed to verify timeit doc correction
> >> https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/21744)
> >
> > In my 3rd edition copy chapter 1 is "Data Structures and Algorithms".
> > The only thing comprising an introduction is a brief paragraph that
> > starts the chapter and has no attribution.
>
> Hmm. 2nd ed starts with 1. Text.  The intro mentioned was for 18.
> Algorithms, starting with removing duplicates from a sequence.

3rd edition in chapter 1 starts with "1.1 Unpacking a Sequence into
Separate Variables"

Later in chapter is "1.10 Removing Duplicates from a Sequence while
Maintaining Order".

The preface does say the third edition is a major rewrite, so I
suppose there will be significant differences from the 2nd edition
which I don't own.

boB Stepp