Use Chrome's / Firefox's dev-tools in python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu May 20 15:12:59 EDT 2021

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 4:59 AM max pothier <contact.tarneo at gmail.com> wrote:

> My school has a website for homework called pronote (no problem if you don't know it). After logging in on parisclassenumerique.fr (works with selenium but I cant get requests to work), I want to read one of the packets that is sent: All the info about my day, my homework, etc. are in there and it is the perfect file: header request response stack trace
>
> The file's download address looks random. The login works only for a limited period of time in the same browser.
>
> Any ideas for using that tool of Firefox or same of Chrome?

Most likely, what you're looking at is going to require some sort of
login token, a cookie or equivalent. It's not going to be easy to
replicate that in Python without actually providing your login
credentials.

I'd say the easiest approach is going to be a hybrid of Python to do
your processing, with some JavaScript to collect the request
information. But it all depends on how much you want to automate this,
and how much effort you're willing to put in. For instance, you could
write a Chrome extension that is aware of the traffic, or perhaps it'd
be sufficient to just paste some JavaScript code into the Dev Tools
console before you send the request.

ChrisA