Unexpected Inheritance Problem

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Thu May 20 11:14:10 EDT 2021

On 5/20/21 4:54 AM, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 5/20/21 3:24 AM, Peter Otten wrote:
>> On 20/05/2021 06:00, Richard Damon wrote:
>>
>>> class GedcomHead(Gedcom0Tag):
>>>       """GEDCOM 0 HEAD tag"""
>>>       def ___init___(self, *, parent):
>>
>> An __init__ with three underscores; you must me joking ;)
>>
> Yes, that is what I was missing, too many underscores there, so
> GedcomHead didn't have an __init__ so it inherited inherited from it
> from its base with the wrong signature.
>
> Thank you.

many fonts squish together repeated underscores in the display so it's
hard to see this visually, I've had a problem or two of this nature as
well (a keyboard that got a little "bouncy" and more than once doubled
keypresses). Even with an IDE - well, you can define whatever you want,
so it's not an error that you "spelled it funny", right?