How to build stable 3.9 branch from fork and clone of cpython

pjfarley3 at earthlink.net pjfarley3 at earthlink.net
Mon May 17 21:53:49 EDT 2021

I am following the "Getting Started" section of the Python Developers Guide,
but when I build the first version to verify everything builds, it builds
branch 3.11.

If I want to build and contribute to branch 3.9, how do I set that up
please?

OS is Windows 10.  I have, I believe, all the necessary tools for the build,
since the 3.11 version did build and in a very minimal test does execute
successfully after the build (responds to "-V" option with build
information).

TIA for your assistance.

Peter