OT: Autism in discussion groups (was: Re: Proposal: Disconnect comp.lang.python from python-list)

Mirko mirkok.lists at googlemail.com
Sat May 8 17:28:40 EDT 2021

I apologize for this OT post, especially because it's in reply to an
at least partly troll post, but I just can't resist. Sorry.

Am 08.05.2021 um 14:09 schrieb Talkie Toaster:
> On 06/05/2021 18:56, Mark Lawrence wrote:

>> Quite frankly I don't care how this discussion goes as the Python
>> community discriminates against Asperger's suffers such as myself.
>>

> I believe I am also on the spectrum and feel the same way about the
> fluffy cloud echo chamber for fluffy clouds that is the Python
> "community".

I'm also on the autism spectrum but I do *NOT* appreciate how you
both instrumentalize our condition and use it as a self-righteous
self-defense and how you politicized it.

One of the core aspects of ASS is that we have difficulties
understanding and following common and accepted social norms. But
that is not a carte blanche for every kind of misbehavior. I don't
call myself Aspie for no reason. I believe that we have a right to
be what we are and to live according to our needs, situations,
conditions and specialties. But that doesn't mean that the rest of
the world has to unilaterally adapt to us. It's both sides! The
world needs to understand that our behavior is a little different we
need to understand that our behavior is sometimes off the limits. We
need to learn -- both sides -- how to live together and we need to
learn to *RESPECT* each other.

> This "code of conduct" bullsh1t is getting out of hand.

Unless the CoD includes ASS of course! Isn't it?! ;-)

You complain about a "fluffy cloud echo chamber", but you are
*calling* for the *same*. A fluffy cloud echo chamber where no ASS
person is ever called for any possibly disrespecting words or
behavior. A fluffy cloud echo chamber where everybody just accepts
and respects you for what you are. Does the concept sound familiar?

P.S.: *NOT* among the core symptoms of (the high-functioning levels)
of ASS is the inability to learn. Mind that! (And that includes
social norms.)