Proposal: Disconnect comp.lang.python from python-list

Jon Ribbens jon+usenet at unequivocal.eu
Thu May 6 14:05:44 EDT 2021

On 2021-05-06, Stestagg <stestagg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Where's this discussion going?
>
> Let's not get too caught up on definitions or the sizes of everyone's
> respective .. newsgroups.
>
> Which of the practically possible options are best for this list <->
> newsgroup setup?

As before I'd suggest that changing the group to be moderated,
or switching to a parallel moderated group, is at the very least
worth trying. There's no obvious downside and it requires very
little work from anyone (indeed no work at all after the initial
setup). None of the objections raised so far have any basis
whatsoever in reality. And it appears even the suggestion that
Mailman 3 cannot be used while a gateway is involved is untrue:
https://mailman.readthedocs.io/en/latest/src/mailman/handlers/docs/nntp.html