Proposal: Disconnect comp.lang.python from python-list

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Thu May 6 03:32:04 EDT 2021

Paul Rubin <no.email at nospam.invalid> wrote:
> "Avi Gross" <avigross at verizon.net> writes:
> > Given some notice, what stops anyone from joining the mailing list before
> > there is a divorce between the forums?
>
> Some of us don't want to be on mailing lists, and prefer using news
> client software.

I am in agreement here, if a list/group is available both on Usenet
and as a mailing list then I will always use the Usenet/NNTP access as
it is simply better for discussion groups like this.

I do have a 'proper' threaded mail reader (mutt) that I use for
reading lists but a 'proper' newreader that uses that extra facilities
of NNTP is always going to be better.

So my vote is to keep comp.lang.python as it is in terms of content,
whether that means changing it to a moderated group or something else
I don't mind.

The current level of 'noise' is IMHO acceptable, if the people who
deal with it now are OK to continue then let's not change anything.

--
Chris Green
·