Proposal: Disconnect comp.lang.python from python-list

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed May 5 20:46:07 EDT 2021

On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 10:43 AM Avi Gross via Python-list
<python-list at python.org> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Given some notice, what stops anyone from joining the mailing list before
> there is a divorce between the forums?

Nothing! Nothing at all. That is, if you're talking about *people*.
People are absolutely welcome to join. The reason the S/N would
improve is all the non-people who post to the newsgroup.

But there are some people who simply don't want to use the mailing
list, and that's currently a fully-welcomed option. I won't name
names, but there definitely are people who would prefer a newsreader,
so the gateway is serving them very well.

ChrisA