Unsubscribe/can't login

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Wed May 5 05:34:55 EDT 2021

On Tuesday 04 May 2021 23:55:26 Rasig Kosonmontri wrote:

> Hi I wanted to unsubscribe from the python mailing list because I has
> been sending me countless mails over the months but when I try to
> login on my browser it doesn't recognize this email as a user even
> though the mails that are coming it are to this email address
> If there's anything thing to fix or anyway to do this manually please
> let me know
> Thanks

That is usually the security feature of the mailing list software, in
that often the header info is used to verify that you are not
maliciously unsubscribiing someone else. Said in plainer english, if you
have moved ISP's or changed browsers, you aren't you and you cannot
unsub from a new ISP even if the mailing address is the same.

Occasionally, you may be able to fix it by way of the password recovery
facility, which will send you a one time pad access to change the pw,
which may update that and allow you to unsub.

In extremis, write a procmail recipe to send it to /dev/null.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis