uninstall

Chris Nyland menyland at gmail.com
Tue May 4 22:43:02 EDT 2021

So it seems counter intuitive but you might also have luck just
reinstalling Python3.8 back over top. If the uninstall was botch then that
should put everything back in place and then you can just run the uninstall
again and see if it clears out this time. Otherwise I agree with stack
overflow you can just go in and do it manually. If you have multiple Python
installs I would recommend make sure to use the py launcher instead of
adding any of the Pythons to the Windows path. I also don't like the new
default install location in the program folders for development machines
and find that it can sometimes cause conflicts so for those machines where
I need multiple versions I still install Python on the root of the the C
drive or and additional hard drive and name the folders PythonXX_32 or 64
depending on the type of install where XX is of course the major and minor
version 36, 37, 38 etc. Then I use py -3.6 and so on to execute the
different installs from the command line.