memory consumption

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 30 04:44:36 EDT 2021

On 29/03/2021 11:12, Alexey wrote:
> Hello everyone!
> I'm experiencing problems with memory consumption.

The first thing you really need to tell us is which
OS you are using? Memory management varies wildly
depending on OS. Even different flavours of *nix
do it differently.

However, most do it effectively, so you as a programmer
shouldn't have to worry too much provided you aren't
leaking, which you don't think you are.

> and after second run it weighs 1Gb. If I will continue
> to run this class, memory wont increase, so I think
> it's not a memory leak, but rather Python wont release
> allocated memory back to OS. Maybe I'm wrong.

A 1GB process on modern computers is hardly a big problem?
Most machines have 4G and many have 16G or even 32G
nowadays.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site