XML RPC changes between 3.7 and 3.9 yield 401 http error

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Mar 29 01:57:13 EDT 2021

lucas wrote at 2021-3-27 18:53 +0100:
>Following our previous discussion:
>     https://www.talkend.net/post/287193.html
>
>I finally took time (thanks to Florian R.) to get a reproducible example
>of my problem, as asked previously by ChrisA.

I compared `xmlrpc.client.ServerProxy.__init__`
for Python 3.6 and Python 3.9(a5):
Python 3.6 uses `splittype` and `splithost` to parse *uri*
while Python 3.9 uses `urlparse` to complete decompose *uri*
and then uses `scheme`, `netloc` and `path` from the result.
As a consequence Python 3.9 misses any information in the "query string".

In my view, Python 3.6 behaves as documented (in the `ServerProxy` "docstring")
while Python 3.9 does not. At your place, I would file a bug
report at "https://bugs.python.org/".