Code Formatter Questions

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 15:17:42 EDT 2021

> 1) Are there any major other formatters that I can/should look at? I see some "online" pretty printers, but I'm after something I can run on whole recursive directories of code.

I use Emacs, so I'm kind of biased, but I find its python-mode does a
good job, good enough that I wouldn't use a batch formatter to conform
to some other conventions, then wind up having a mixed set of
conventions after my next edit. I presume vim and all IDEs worth their
salt also do a suitable job of formatting code on-the-fly.

Skip