Access to python37_d.lib

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Mar 27 19:42:56 EDT 2021

On 3/27/2021 11:34 AM, Kathleen Kennedy wrote:
> When matplotlib-cpp from GitHub is used to add graphics to a Visual Studio
> C++ Console application the following error is obtained: Cannot
> open python37_d.lib.

> The error was not resolved by re-installing python, including debug files.
> Any assistance would be much appreciated.
> JIMK

For me, current python3.x installed on Windows with the PSF installer
has <installdir>/libs/ containing 3 .lib files:
_tkinter/python3/python3x.lib

My repository debug builds result in <clonedir>/PCbuild/win32 with lots
of files, including python3_d.lib and python3x_d.lib.  I don't know if
including 'debug files' includes these or not.  You can check in your
<installdir>/lib.

Is matplotlib-cpp possibly installed with its own debug build of
python37?  Or using some other installed python on your system?

--
Terry Jan Reedy