python documentation

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Mar 27 15:42:46 EDT 2021

On 3/27/2021 1:20 AM, python at blackward.eu wrote:

> By the way, some months ago I started trying to migrate to Python 3 and
> gave up in favor of creating said compilation.

Why?  What was biggest roadblock?

> Compatibility of Python and its Packages decreased with V3 significantly.

I don't believe this without a clear explanation as to what you mean and
strong evidence.  Are you claiming that you cannot put together a
combination of modern python + numpy + scipy + qt + ... that work
together?  (Many people including my daughter seem to manage just fine.)
  If there are particular problems, it would be worth discussing and
trying to solve them.  And what would 'compatibility have to do with
'3.x'?  (With respect to unicode, compatibility has been improved in one
important respect since 3.3.)

> A whole lot of minor and major incompatibilities > between your subversions and belonging packages.

I don't understand 'subversions' and 'belonging packages'?

I understand 'incompatibities' in general but not what you mean
specifically.  I don't know of any evidence that there are increased
within, say, 3.8 or 3.9 packages versus 2.7 packages.

--
Terry Jan Reedy