port to PDOS (especially mainframe)

Stestagg stestagg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 11:35:53 EDT 2021

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 3:20 PM Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/23/21 5:19 AM, Paul Edwards wrote:
> > Thanks for the tip. I don't actually need it to be
> > light. I just need it to be C90-compliant.
>
> I guess the point with MicroPython is that since it can build on all
> sorts of microcontrollers, a) it has a simpler build system and b) it is
> definitely statically compiled. But I'm not sure whether it would be
> applicable here.

For example, micropython can be compiled with a standlone TCP/IP
implementation: LWIP.

lwip contains the relevant constants, along with the code needed to make
them do stuff:

https://github.com/lwip-tcpip/lwip/blob/0056522cc974d2be2005c324f37187b5b3695765/src/include/lwip/errno.h#L160

So if you're compiling for a non-posix compliant environment, this may be
an easier route to go

Steve