.title() - annoying mistake

Benjamin Schollnick bschollnick at schollnick.net
Mon Mar 22 11:54:29 EDT 2021

>> That's not true for digraphs where there is a third, distinct and
>> different "title" case. I think the doc should state that the initial
>> character is converted to titlecase. A parenthentical statement that
>> titlecase is usually but not always equal to uppercase would be nice,
>> but the current statement is obsolete and not correct in all, um...
>> cases.
>
> Fair enough, but the trouble is that getting too pedantic in a
> docstring just makes it read like IBM documentation. :)

And actually conversely makes it harder to keep updating, because you’ll need to document every and all edge-cases, and then need to know when one of those edge cases breaks, etc.

The core concept is documented, and it’s pretty straight-forward.

I’m sorry, but it’s as if he’s arguing for the sake of arguing.  It’s starting to feel very unproductive, and unnecessary.

	- Benjamin