.title() - annoying mistake

Robert Latest boblatest at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 06:17:55 EDT 2021

Chris Angelico wrote:
> If you still, after all these posts, have not yet understood that
> title-casing *a single character* is a significant thing,

I must admit I have no idea what title-casing even is, but I'm eager to learn.
The documentation only talks about "words" and "first characters" and
"remaining characters." So a single character gets converted to uppercase,
whatever that may mean in the context of .title(). The .upper() method is
different in that it only applies to "cased" characters, so .title() may or may
not work differently on single characters.

robert