.title() - annoying mistake

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Mar 19 22:22:25 EDT 2021

On 3/19/2021 6:17 PM, Thomas Jollans wrote:

>  From a quick scan of my (medium-sized) bookshelf, most publishers seem
> to agree that the thing to do is set the title in all caps.

In my quick perusal, this is more true of 'popular' works, whereas
'academic' work are more likely to use titlecase.  The title on the
(optional) inner flyleaf and title page is more likely to be titlecase.
  For the US Library of Congress catalog entry, the convention seems to
be capitalize first word and proper names, like 'C' and 'Python', list a
sentence, but no '.'.

Overall, the only rule is no rule.

--
Terry Jan Reedy