.title() - annoying mistake

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 12:42:43 EDT 2021

On 2021-03-19, Skip Montanaro <skip.montanaro at gmail.com> wrote:

>> That's annoying. You have to roll your own solution!
>>

> Certainly seems like a known issue:
>
> https://bugs.python.org/issue12737

While that is an issue with string.title(), I don't see how it's
related to what the OP is reporting. Issue 12737 is about Unicode
combining marks. The OP's problem is related to the apostrophe used to
form a possessive.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Civilization is fun!
                                  at               Anyway, it keeps me busy!!