PYTHONBREAKPOINT=remote_pdb.set_trace

Haroldo Stenger haroldo.stenger at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 03:21:59 EDT 2021

hi, I'm using the new PYTHONBREAKPOINT=remote_pdb.set_trace feature in python 3.9.2. After breakpoint() is reached, the telnet server is enabled and I can connect to the debugger. Then f.i. I do 'cont' for resuming execution, and when the breakpoint() is reached again, the telnet session is stalled. I telnet again, and then I can type debug commands again, and the former telnet session is closed. After a 'cont' the same repeats. Is that how it is meant to work ? What am I missing or getting wrong? Any help is highly appreciated

ps. I now understand that under the PYTHONBREAKPOINT=remote_pdb.set_trace , the interpreter will set a different telnet server when breakpoint() is reached. That's propably not what one wants under normal functioning. But then, how does one set a new breakpoint without interrupting the debugging session flow?

thanks a lot

Haroldo