Uninstall error

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Sat Mar 13 20:16:09 EST 2021

On 3/12/21 10:52 AM, Premmy wrote:
> Hi. I am trying to uninstall python on my computer because i found a better
> one but its not getting deleted from control panel. can you please help me

As already noted, it's really important to learn to give good details
when asking for help, people who are going to respond to you aren't in
your head, they don't know what you know and what has happened. Knowing
the right level of detail to give isn't actually easy, you can give too
little or too much and either way it will confuse folks.

Personally, I don't know of any place where Python goes into a "control
panel".  ???

If you're on Windows, there are tools... search for this pattern: "Fix
problems that block programs from being installed or removed", it
directs you to an official fixit that cleans up the installer state, and
if it can't spot a problem itself, lets you give it the name of the
thing you want to nuke. On WIndows, it's usually a problem with the
state of the installation system, not with Python itself.

"because I found a better one"  ... what does that mean? We have no idea.