Please don't feed the trolls

dn PythonList at DancesWithMice.info
Tue Mar 9 22:52:35 EST 2021

On 10/03/2021 13.47, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Mar 2021 16:57:52 -0600, Sam <python at net153.net> declaimed the
> following:

>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolling_(fishing)
>>>
>>> ChrisA
>>

>> If you teach a man to fish....
>
> ... he takes up residence under a bridge and becomes a troll... making it a
> troll bridge <G>

So, if you teach him to surf-cast

... he becomes the Mayor of Casterbridge?

An (old) book which includes:
- unexplainable behavior/drunkenness
- not being able to live-down one's past
- the future not turning-out quite as hoped
- banishment and self-banishment
- and a protagonist whose Last Will and Testament read:
"That Elizabeth-Jane Farfrae be not told of my death, or made to grieve
on account of me. that I be not bury'd in consecrated ground. that no
sexton be asked to toll the bell. that nobody is wished to see my dead
body. that no murners walk behind me at my funeral. that no flours be
planted on my grave, that no man remember me."

RiP - and this thread also!
Regards,
=dn