Choosable dependency

Manfred Lotz ml_news at posteo.de
Sun Mar 7 16:24:57 EST 2021

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 15:40:41 -0000 (UTC)
Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2021-03-06, Manfred Lotz <ml_news at posteo.de> wrote:
> > Let us say I have a package which reads a TOML file.
> >
> > I want to give the user of my package the choice to decide if he
> > wants to use the toml, tomlkit or rtoml package.
>
> Why would the user choose one over the other?  Does the user get
> different functions/features depending on which one they choose?

I am a user of my package and I like to use rtoml which however is not
available on another OS (due to Rust no being available there) where I
also want to use my package. Here I can use toml which is always
possible to install. Therefore, toml is the default so that the ordinary
user doesn't need to care.

--
Manfred