Uninstall and Re-install Python - Windows 10 issues

Suretha Weweje surethaweweje at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 08:47:41 EDT 2021

After I uninstalled Python 3.7and Python 3.9 and installed Python 3.9.5 and
is displayed in Apps & features:

Python 3.9.5 Python 3.9.5 (64-bit), size 101 MB, and
Python Launcher, size 1.80 MB

Upon checking the python version, I get the following error message:
C:\>python --version
Python was not found; run without arguments to install from the Microsoft
Store, or disable this shortcut from Settings > Manage App Execution
Aliases.

In the Start Menu, Python 3.9 shortcut is present, and when I click on that
it takes me to Python 3.9(64-bit) CMD.  Just to test, I add a print
statement.

Python 3.9.5 (tags/v3.9.5:0a7dcbd, May  3 2021, 17:27:52) [MSC v.1928 64
bit (AMD64)] on win32
>>> print("This is Tuesday")
This is Tuesday

Python 3.9.5 was installed in the C:\Python3.9.5 folder and it seems that
not all the files were downloaded and for some reason, old files were added.

On the Local Disk (C:) > Python3.9.5 and the folder created for the
installation displays:

Folders - DLLs, Doc, include, Lib, libs, Scripts, tcl, Tools

The date on the above-mentioned folders is the same date as when Python
3.9.5 was installed (2021/06/21) however, the dates are displayed
(2021/05/03) on the rest of the files as below:

Text Document - LICENSE, NEWS,
Application - python, pythonw
Application extention - python3.dll, python39.dll, vcruntime140.dll,
vcruntime140_1.dll
The dates are different from the date of Python 3.9.5 installation

I have no way of fully uninstalling the separate python installations and
install a new python version.

Can someone kindly assist or direct me to where I can find a solution
for this?

Thank you,

Suretha