IDLE is not working after Python installation .

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Tue Jun 22 10:35:44 EDT 2021

On 6/21/21 11:14 PM, Ayaana Soni wrote:
> I  have installed python from your site. After installation my IDLE doesn't
> work.  IDLE is not in my search list. Plz help!!
>

> Thank you!

you asked this before, and didn't answer the questions you got in reply.

What does "doesn't work" mean? How is the problem manifested?  Doesn't
IDLE selected from the start menu come up? Normally the installation
creates a shortcut there that "does the right thing".  On Windows you
don't normally start IDLE by typing a command name. You *can* bring it
up from a command-line if you type

py -m idlelib

but this is definitely not the most common way to launch.

If you haven't read it, look at

https://docs.python.org/3/using/windows.html

among other things, the Microsoft Store version of Python is sometimes a
little easier to get started with (it's the same programs, just packaged
differently)