How Do I Get A Bug In Multiprocessing Fixed?

Oscar Benjamin oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 09:22:04 EDT 2021

On Fri, 18 Jun 2021 at 06:07, Alexander Neilson <alexander at neilson.net.nz>
wrote:

> I am very interested to note that a report filed in February hasn't had at
> least one person take a brief look at it and post a note or set a status
> like "needs more info" etc.

Personally I don't find that surprising. I just looked at the issue very
quickly and I couldn't immediately tell if the problem was a bug in
multiprocessing or a mistake in the code shown. Just figuring that out
would take more than the very little time I was prepared to spend looking
at it so I moved on. If the OP hopes that someone else will use their
limited time to fix this issue for them then they should do what they can
to make it as quick as possible for that other person. The first part of
that is making clear why it should be considered a bug in the first place.
Don't expect the reader to spend time deciphering your code to figure that
out.

If there is a bug in multiprocessing then the issue should be clearer about
what it is or why it should be considered a bug. Which function is
documented as doing something that apparently does not work in this case?
Why should it be expected to work?

--
Oscar