How Do I Get A Bug In Multiprocessing Fixed?

Alexander Neilson alexander at neilson.net.nz
Fri Jun 18 01:04:45 EDT 2021

Hi Michael

It may be helpful to populate the ticket with further details:
* actual output from when you execute the server and client (possibly with
extra verbosity enabled)
* system you are running this on (windows, macos, linux) flavour / version
details
* minor version of Python interpreter used
* whether you are using a packaged version from your os distributor or from
python.org (or even built your own)
* If you believe it's a regression the version it is working on

Some more guidance can be found here covering some of the above
https://docs.python.org/3/bugs.html

I am very interested to note that a report filed in February hasn't had at
least one person take a brief look at it and post a note or set a status
like "needs more info" etc.

Also I am by no means an expert in multi processing at all as so far my
webapps work worker processes, I am wondering if the wrong approach to this
may be happening and so the client is trying to reuse the same pipe and it
may need a different tear down / process to release that and create a new
pipe / socket / underlying connection cleanly rather than the re connect in
the same object.

For example I am running python 3.7.7 on windows:

Manager Output:
>python manager.py
In test_method

>python manager.py

Client Output:
result: '<class 'str'>, TEST'
Kill and restart the server and press return

Got exception <class 'ConnectionResetError'>, ConnectionResetError(10054,
'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None,
10054, None)
Reconnecting
[...]
Reconnecting  # At this point I terminated the manager
Got exception <class 'ConnectionRefusedError'>,
ConnectionRefusedError(10061, 'No connection could be made because the
target machine actively refused it', None, 10061, None)
Reconnecting
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"C:\Users\Alexander\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\multiprocessing\connection.py",
line 619, in SocketClient
    s.connect(address)
ConnectionRefusedError: [WinError 10061] No connection could be made
because the target machine actively refused it

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "client.py", line 27, in <module>
    manager.connect()
  File
"C:\Users\Alexander\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\multiprocessing\managers.py",
line 532, in connect
    conn = Client(self._address, authkey=self._authkey)
  File
"C:\Users\Alexander\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\multiprocessing\connection.py",
line 492, in Client
    c = SocketClient(address)
  File
"C:\Users\Alexander\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\multiprocessing\connection.py",
line 619, in SocketClient
    s.connect(address)
KeyboardInterrupt

Regards